Thursday 13 August 2009

Pablo's Great Adventure!

87 days to go. The countdown has started. In fact it started 3 days ago when I parted with 20% deposit for the expedition.

I'm going to Namibia. It will be the trip of a lifetime. I am going to track animals on foot, visit a local tribe learning some of their skills and going with them them on a "bushwalk" for a few days. I will also be visiting a second game conservancy to get a closer look at some other wildlife.

I'm slightly excited as you can imagine. Since I was a kid, I've always wanted to go to Africa to see the wildlife. In the last few years, I've been nervous about going because of the tourist Safari stigma. I think that now I've found the ideal expedition where bushcraft meets tracking in an African environment. What more could I ask for?

I was going to go last year but the expedition (with another provider) was cancelled. I thus still have the money (just) but it must be spent this year before Mrs P gets her paws on it!! (To be fair I've said she can have a new pair of shoes and some more hair products).

I'm going with a highly respected international tracker and once in Africa, guides and local expert trackers will be there to provide tuition.

Every now and again, I will update you on what preparations I'm making and how these preparations are going, what kit I'll be taking and why and other general information and research information I come across.

Join me on Pablo's Great Adventure!

No comments: