Wednesday 24 December 2008

Calendar 2009

What's in store for 2009? I've just been handed some diary dates by my secretary (ahem) so let's have a look.

DSC00454

We all love a bit of kit (come on, don't deny it) and I've got quite a bit to look at next year including some stuff from Alpkit, a new day sack and a new 70 litre bag (not the one pictured). I'll also be looking at that EKA W11 knife and another little gem I picked up recently. I'm looking at some titanium cooksets as well. I might do these as video reviews. The video reviews seem to be going down well.

DSC00438

I'm going to try and get even closer to wildlife next year. It wasn't bad this year but I felt that I could do better and get even closer. This will mean an even lower profile solo camping technique and lots of patience. I really want to get some good footage and photos.

IMGA0264

I've got a really busy tracking year ahead. I'll continue mentoring for Shadowhawk and I'll be doing my advanced tracking course in the summer. Although it seems a long way off, the highlight of next year (and a trip of a lifetime) will be tracking with Max Maxwell in Africa during November. I've got a lot to learn before then.

DSCN2259

As usual I'll be trying out new skills. I didn't feel I got too far this year and so next year I'm concentrating on developing the primitive skills side of bushcraft. To start me off I'm flint knapping with John Lord in April and who knows where that will lead.

DSCN2511

I hardly did any archery I intend to rectify that during 2009. I also want to get my paws on Rob's Ruger rifle again as well.

I'll probably bore you with another couple of longer article posts. I enjoy looking at a subject that takes my fancy and delving deeply into the what's and wherefore's.

DSCN2532

I'll be revealing a little off-shoot project as well. If you look hard enough, you may see the start of it already.

It's too easy to over-extend yourself and there's only disappointment when you don't achieve something, so I'll keep it simple. I'll also have to bear in mind that it will take me a while to get up to full fitness on my ankle.

DSCN2554

Of course there's the meets. Every second month I'll be going down to East Sussex with The Tribe and hopefully Mark's meets in Reading will still be going. They're great fun and you learn so much and err... drink a bit too!

So that will be 2009.

It only remains for me to say have a great holiday and Season's Greetings to you and your families.  Have a very happy and safe New Year and I hope you continue to follow me on my adventures in the new year.

All the best for now,

Pablo.

No comments: