Monday 21 December 2009

Snow Buisness Like Snow Buisness




We've had some snow in the last few days. Although disruptive for some, I've loved going out and either watching Bill run about...


... or doing some serious tracking.

I shouldn't need to say that the track patterns are the learning points and not necessarily the individual prints which can be distorted by melt and refreeze.



I was pleased on Sunday when I spotted a pair of Muntjac sunning themselves at the edge of the field. They were about 150 yards away...


I crept up closer and closer across the field...


It was a chill cross wind and my exposed fingers were getting pretty cold holding the camera - but I got ever closer...


The two seemed to be very close, perhaps adult and this years young. They seemed preoccupied with licking each other and themselves ...


...and still I got closer...

Just when I thought my luck was going to run out, the adult turned and walked directly toward me. Still she didn't run. I tried to relax and shrink into the landscape. One last photo at about 20 feet...


...and she was off but not too far. I actually trailed her for another 40 yards or so before she bolted into the woods. An unbelievable experience.

It remains only to wish you all a great Holiday, Christmas or Yule. It's not often I can post some seasonal pics like these on the blog at this time of year so I hope you enjoy them.


I wish you and your families a very happy and safe time.


Until next time, thanks for visiting.

No comments: