Monday 19 July 2010

Dry Times Ahead

We haven’t had a good drop of rain for a while now. The rest of the UK has had a few downpours but we remain pretty dry here in East Anglia.

IMG_2544

This led to a few nice sunsets last week as the dust mixed with the rays of the setting sun. I borrowed this 18mm lens. I think I’ll have to invest in one.

IMGA0058

I went to Poor Park woods on Sunday. There was a surprising amount of activity and this was mid-morning. I saw three lots of fallow and a fox. The sighting caught me unawares and I didn’t even get a chance to capture them on film apart from this poor photo.

IMG_2472

In the afternoon I went foraging for cherries off our local cheery trees, which were delicious.

IMGA0063

IMGA0075 There is an abundance of grasshoppers around at the moment making great snacks for the birds. A number of butterflies can be seen feeding on thistles, ragwort, and rosebay willowherb (below).

IMGA0057

I’ve been taking Billy the Bichon out in the evenings as it’s cooler. It really is a spectacular time of the day once the oppressive heat has dissipated a little.

I’ll leave you with another sunset picture.

IMG_2540

Thanks for the visit.

Pablo's-Psmall

No comments: