Monday 18 August 2008

About

This site follows my adventures into nature, tracking and bushcraft as I try and get as close to the natural environment as I can

without being unduly uncomfortable.

I’m not an expert nor do I aim to teach people. Although I have teaching qualifications, there are people with more bushcraft skills than me who can do a better job.

I’m just an enthusiast willing to share my adventures of trying to be at home in the British woodland. What skills I have learnt I have learnt through trial and error and through those good people willing to pass on their experiences.

I hope through this journal, I can in some way do the same for others. I have much, much more to learn and much, much more to explore so…
Follow me on this journey into both the known and the unknown worlds of bushcraft and nature.

About me
I served in the British Army for 12 years. Here I picked up the rudiments of living off the land, field skills and a few survival and tracking skills. After leaving the forces, I carried on these skills but related them more to watching wildlife and suppose I was what was then termed as a survivalist.

When the term bushcraft was popularised, I realised that these philosophies suited mine quite nicely and I was inspired by the additional elements of craft skills which I’m trying to catch up on.

Wildlife and tracking remain my favourite disciplines and I’ve had the privilege of learning with Ian “Max” Maxwell of Shadowhawk.

No comments: