Sunday 20 April 2008

A picture of bliss

Have a look at this picture. What do you see?


Perhaps a few trees or layer of Dog's mercury. A bit of mist. Not exactly pretty woodland I'm sure you'll agree.

Shall I tell you what I see? Silence. Peace. Tranquility.

It's been quite a busy week culminating in a birthday party for my wife last night. We were invaded by people. It was a good party but... well, you know what I mean. Too many people for me and far too loud. I'm getting old.
Today, I escaped. It was bliss even with a chilly easterly wind blowing through the wood. I set up the hammock, cooked up some beans and watched the squirrels leaping around the trees. After a few hours, I was completely chilled out.

On the way back I noticed these plants in the hedgerow.




Stitchwort, Ground ivy, White dead nettle.

Apparently stitchwort and acorns were added to wine to assist in ailments like the stitch. That's why it's called... Stitchwort.

Thanks for the visit.

Pablo.

No comments: