Sunday 4 May 2008

You can believe me or not, but I actually woke up yesterday and thought, "Today is going to be a special day." I put my stuff in the Discovery and headed to Foxes wood.

After a fleeting glimpse of the Fallow deer, I turned my attention to the Fox earth I spotted on my last visit. There were signs of recent activity, so I sat down about 20 yards away. Half way through making a brew I saw this cub...


... then another...


... then another...




... then another...



... then another...



... then another...




... and a rat ...


Altogether there were 8 foxes; 6 cubs and and 2 adults as far as I could tell. I sat there watching about 20 yards away total enthralled with the sight of the cubs and their antics.
I've uploaded a video on YouTube. It's worth watching as there's a hilarious scene where one of the cubs falls into the den.

I thought it was going to be a special day!

Thanks for the visit.

Pablo.

No comments: